It is often required to have two people sign closing documents when the investment is made by a married couple or an LLC or trust with common ownership by two people. CrowdStreet allows investors to have two signatories on their investing account, where both can e-sign in DocuSign. If your particular circumstances require more than two signatories, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding a second signatory
- Select the account you would like to add a second signatory to.
- If you would like to create a new investing account, please refer to the following article: How to create or update an investing account
- Ensure that the Name of the investing account accurately reflects how it should be written on your future K-1 tax documents (e.g. in the case of a joint investing account, it should include the names of both partners).
- Click on ‘Account Members’ and then ‘+ Add new member.’
- Choose if they are an investor member or supporting member
- Enter the Name and Email into their respective fields.
- Ensure that they are set up to be a signatory.
- Click ‘Send Invite.’ This will send an email to the designated second signatory. They will then be prompted to fill out their CrowdStreet profile.
- Under ‘Investing Accounts,’ they will find this account.
Note: When investing through a joint account, the accreditation criteria may differ. Please review the SEC's requirements via the following resources: